High Elevation Seasonal Roads Close For The Year
Utah's Department of Transportation plows some mountain roads during the winter to keep them open. Other high elevation roads are closed as they become snowpacked and impossible. UDOT has released this closure schedule:
- SR 39 Monte Cristo - East of Ogden – Milepost 37 to 55.5. Will close Monday at 12 am, November 18.
- SR 65 East Canyon - Northeast of Salt Lake City – Milepost 3 to 13.2. Will Close at 8 am, Monday, November 18.
- SR 92 American Fork/Alpine Loop - Milepost 14 to milepost 22.5 - CLOSED.
- SR 150 Mirror Lake Highway - OPEN now but will close soon.
- SR-153 Mt. Holly Junction Road - CLOSED.
- SR 224 Guardsman Pass - Park City to Midway. Closes 6 am Saturday, November 16th.
- SR 190 Guardsman Pass - Big Cottonwood Canyon (SR-190/Brighton) to Park City. (Junction with SR 224). CLOSED
The above roads are generally closed between November and May each year. Some roads may remain closed until June.
The following routes are normally plowed during daytime hours only:
- SR 14 between MP 0 and 5, and MP 27 to US 89 Junction
- SR 35 from SR 32 to Seasonal Closure at Milepost 12.
- SR 150 from Kamas to Seasonal Closure at Milepost 14.
- SR 65 from Henefer to Morgan County line.
- SR 36 from Vernon to Utah County line.
- SR 199 from SR 36 to Dugway (Johnson's Pass).
- SR 196 from I-80 to Dugway (Skull Valley Road).
- SR 202 from SR 201 to I-80.
- SR 153 from Beaver to Seasonal Closure at Milepost 22.
- SR 21 between MP 11 and MP 76
- SR 12 between MP 110.5 to 122.8
- SR 25 between MP 0 and MP 10
- SR 72 between MP 0 and MP 35.3
- SR 29 between MP 0 and MP 15
- SR 57 between MP 5 and MP 10.691
- SR 124 between MP 0 and MP 5.5
- SR 122 between MP 0 and MP 8.75