2 Utah Routes Make List Of 11 Best Day Hikes In America
Adventure Journal has published this article with a list its 11 top day hikes in America and two are located in Utah. One is the famous Angels Landing hike in Zion National Park. The other is less well know. It is the Chesler Park Loop in the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park.
Here's the list from Adventure Journal.
1. Chesler Park Loop, Canyonlands National Park, Needles District, Utah
2. Half Dome Cables Route, Yosemite National Park, California
3. Angels Landing, Zion National Park, Utah
4. Presidential Traverse, Presidential Range, New Hampshire
5. Glacier Gorge trail to Mills Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
6. Grandview Trail to Horseshoe Mesa, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
7. Tall Trees Trail, Redwoods National Park, California
8. Harding Icefield, Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
9. Knife Edge, Katahdin, Baxter State Park, Maine
10. Garnet Canyon, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
11. Spray Park, Mt. Rainier National Park, Washington
Those are all great hikes, not doubt about it. But there are many more in Utah just as good. Here are four I personally think rank with the best in the nation.
The Narrows in Zion National Park
Horseshoe Canyon in Canyonlands National Park
Devils Garden Loop in Arches National Park
North Peak in our West Desert