Best Utah State Parks For Summer Camping
Yahoo Sports has this new article that describes summer camping opportunities in Utah state parks. It provides interesting insights into opportunities at the parks - and it includes some that are not often featured.
Camping was the primary focus here and all of the parks listed have excellent campgrounds and facilities. It is always interesting to read other writers insights and opinions. Here's her list, with some of her comments.
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - For me, the sand dunes and OHV riding opportunities are what makes it a must visit.
- Escalante Petrified Forest State Park - In my opinion, the fishing, fossils, swimming opportunities and hiking trails make this park a stand out.
- Green River State Park - The park's access to white water rafting, superlative fishing and an onsite golf course are among its best attributes.
- Red Fleet State Park - The onsite dinosaur tracks, hiking trails and fishing opportunities are three of its biggest draws. The jaw-dropping, red rock mountains are another.
- Yuba State Park - The abundance of water activities and tent sites adds to the park's appeal. A boat launch area and boat rentals are conveniently located onsite.
My note: Green River State Park is located on the banks of the Green River, on the edge of a town by the same name. The river in this area does not offer much whitewater. Desolation Canyon is above town; and Labyrinth and Stillwater is below. Fishing is ok for catfish and carp but it is not a destination fishery. Many miles upstream, the Green River is a blue-ribbon troutfishery below Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
- Dave Webb