Sunset Magazine Features Antelope Island
Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake is featured in this Sunset Magazine article featuring 10 islands where you can get away from it all. Antelope Island is a Utah state park and is a popular local play area.
Below we give the article's title and introduction.
10 all-to-yourself islands
10 all-to-yourself islands We all dream of that Robinson Crusoe deserted-island moment. Well, it’s time to stop dreaming. We found 10 islands you can have (practically) to yourself.
The article lists these islands:
- Isla Espíritu Santo near La Paz, Baja
- Lummi Island, San Juan Islands, WA
- Angel Island, San Francisco Bay
- Santa Rosa Island, Channel Islands N.P., CA
- Sauvie Island, Near Portland
- Kodiak, Kodiak, AK
- Elk Island, Grand Teton N.P., WY
- Antelope Island, Great Salt Lake, UT
- North Mokulua Island, Just off Kailua, Oahu
About Antelope Island, the article says:
Day-trippers are drawn to Antelope Island for its starkly beautiful windblown landscape. Picture miles of empty hiking and mountain biking trails, quiet roads for cyclists—even a surprise herd of free-range bison roaming around.
All to Yourself moment: Leave the beach frolickers behind for the secluded 5.6-mile round-trip Lakeside Trail, with views across the chalky blue lake.