Western Legends Roundup Will Run August 16-18 In Kanab
Experience the Old West "the way it was." That's the theme for the Western Legends Roundup, which is one of America's largest and most authentic celebration of Western life and film.
Kanab is know as Utah's "Little Hollywood" because countless Western movies and TV shows were filmed in the area. Many stars come back every year to participate in the Roundup.
Movie stars for the 2012 Roundup include:
- Clint Walker (Cheyenne)
- James Drury (The Virginian)
- Neil Summers (Stuntman/Star)
- Ed Faulkner (Have Gun, Will Travel)
- Wyatt McCrea (Producer and Grandson of Joel McCrea)
- Gary Clarke (The Virginian)
- Mike Moroff (Three Bad Men)
- Peter Brown (Lawman & Laredo)
- Bob Fuller (Wagon Train & Emergency)
- Cheryl Rogers-Barnett (Daughter of Roy Rogers & Dale Evans)
- Bo Hopkins (The Wild Bunch)
- Sara Lane (The Virginian)
- Don Quine (The Virginian)
- Michael Chapin (The Dakota Kid)
- Diane Roter (The Virginian)
The Roundup includes the change to eat breakfast with the starts, mingle with them at other times and get autographs.
There will also be Western music, cowboy poetry, other entertainment, chuck wagon food, vendors, a Children's Roundup, a Mountain Man Camp and other events.
Sets from some of the old Western shows can still be seen in the Kanab area.
See the Roundup website for complete details.