Exploring Salt Lake's Pop Culture
USAToday.com has a section called PopCandy that focuses on "pop culture's hip and hidden treasures." The section recently carried this article with this title:
The Pop Traveler: Eleven reasons to visit Salt Lake City!
Writer Whitney Matheson talks about some of her favorites in Salt Lake City. Here's an abbreviated rundown of her list:
1. Killer Mexican food at the Red Iguana
2. Free summer tunes via the Salt Lake Arts Council's Twilight Concert Series
3. A popular concert venue known as The Saltair
4. The Heavy Metal Shop
5. Sculptures and engraved stones at a Gilgal Garden.
6. Les Madeleines, The Tin Angel, Pago, Bambara, The Copper Onion and other cafes and eateries.
7. Salt Lake's gay community and the annual Pride parade
8. The mustaches prevalent on locals
9. Easy access to the outdoors
10. Food carts selling meals on street corners
11. Red Butte Gardens and other lush spots.
Read the complete article.