Visit Utah's Best Museums Free On Saturday (Sept 27)
Smithsonian Magazine gives this overview:
In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission everyday, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Live! ticket… for free.
The Museum Day Live! Ticket provides free admission for two people.
See the event website for detains, including how to obtain tickets.
See an interactive map showing participating Utah museums. From north to south, these Utah properties are participating:
- Nora Eccles Harrison Museum at Utah State University in Logan
- Eccles Community Art Museum in Ogden
- Kimball Art Center in Park City
- Tooele Pioneer Museum
- The Leonardo in Salt Lake City
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art in Salt Lake City
- Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk
- Taylorsville Bennion Heritage Museum
- Kearns Museum
- Woodbury Art Museum in Orem
- Museum of Peoples and Cultures at BYU in Provo
- Peteetneet Museum and Cultural Arts in Payson
- The Prehistoric Museum in Price
- Utah Territorial Statehouse State Park in Fillmore