Antelope Island Bison Roundup And Other Events
The annual Antelope Island Bison Roundup will take place Oct. 25-26. It is a very popular event that allows enthusiasts to ride horseback and help herd bison toward holding pens where they are given a health evaluation and other care. People who want to ride need to per-register and provide their own horses.
Others watch the roundup from viewpoints along the route.
Many people camp on the island during the weekend of the roundup. (The island is a Utah State Park and is open during the federal government shutdown.)
We give basic info below and then offer a video clip showing the action. See the roundup web page for more details.
- Main park gate opens at 6:00 a.m.
- Range ride starts 9:00 a.m.
- Mandatory ride orientation starts at 8:00 a.m. both mornings at the Fielding Garr Ranch. All riders must attend the orientation(s) in order to ride and be assigned to a group.
There will be several other fun activities on the island during the next few weeks including:
- October 12 - Mushroom Springs hike
- October 12 - Star Party
- October 18 - Full Moon Kayak Tour
- October 19 - Halloween Program
- October 26 - Junior Ranger Program: Bison of Antelope Island
- October 26 - Guided Ranch Tours
- November 1 - Working of the Bison - Guided Tours