Great Salt Lake Bird Festival Runs May 17-21
If you enjoy learning about and seeing birds and other wildlife, there is no better opportunity that that afforded by the Great Salt Lake Bird Festival. It is headquartered in Davis County, along the shores of the Great Salt Lake.
The festival includes field trips to popular birding spots, as well as to some places usually not accessible to the public.
The festivalwebsite has complete details about the event. Here's a synopsis provided by the festival:
Top Ten Reasons to Attend Great Salt Lake Bird Festival
10. See the birds in Utah - up close and personal! Exotic birds and Raptors!
9. Visit the HOT SPOTS of Northern Utah in the company of Expert Field Trip Guides
8. Experience the geology of the Great Basin; Birds already do this
7. Get to go "Behind-the-Gates" - where the public cannot go
6. It's Spring Time in the Rockies, go outdoors!
5. Learn what makes the Great Salt Lake GREAT!
4. Meet new friends; share interests and network
3. Lots of live birds, kids art, free workshops, great food!
2. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet famous people
1. 'The Big Year' birder, Greg Miller, is the Keynote Speaker. Dinner tickets sold out.
Post a Comment