Bookmark and Share

Utah Travel Headlines

Monday, January 16, 2012

Utah Finally Gets Snow, And More Snow Is Coming

If you are a skier, this would be a great week to visit Utah resorts. In fact, it may be worth changing plans and jumping on a plane to get here fast.

Preliminary reports say Park City and Snowbird both picked up about 2 inches of snow so far today, and other resorts probably received about the same.

Weather forecasters said today's storm would be weak, but that a much stronger system is expect to come in Wednesday. Right now they say there is a 70% chance Park City will get snow Wednesday and Thursday, and a 30% chance they will get more Friday and Saturday.

We've had a dry weather pattern all winter. Now, finally, it looks like that pattern has been broken.

Traffic was a mess on I-15 and I-80 in the Salt Lake area. Temperatures were cold enough that snow stuck to the roads and conditions were slick in spots. KSL has this report about the traffic problems. Here are excerpts:

Although the number of accidents seem high, state troopers say it is actually typical for a light snowstorm, with many people underestimating the amount of snow. And for some, the overconfidence led to some big problems.

State troopers said balding tires and high speeds accounted for much of Monday's mess. Officers are asking drivers to continue to be extra careful while driving on the icy roads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Back to top Print this page E-mail this page