Adventure Dreams: 10 Classic Adventures
Hamburger Rock In The Indian Creek Area
The title for this post comes from this National Geographic Adventure article describing what the author calls "great American classics." He continues: "Our top ten cover life-list terrain in the mountains, ocean, and the desert and include the expert advice, gear tips, and training ideas you'll need to go from dream to reality."
Two of the 10 are in Utah (White Rim and Indian Creek, both in the Canyonlands area). Another is nearby (Grand Canyon). Not bad.
I keep reporting on top adventure lists published by respected media because these national writers give Utah destinations glowing recommendations. It's one thing for Dave Webb to say Utah has world-class adventure. It's quite another when National Geographic says these Utah adventures are bucket list quality...
These destinations make the list. The article gives extensive detail about each.
- Mountain Bike the White Rim Trail, Utah
- Surf Waikiki, Hawaii
- Raft the Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Climb Mount Rainier, Washington
- Bicycle Across America
- Ski Tuckerman Ravine, New Hampshire
- Hike the Presidential Traverse, New Hampshire
- Climb Desert Cracks at Indian Creek, Utah
- Hike the John Muir Trail, California
- Climb a Colorado 14er
– Dave Webb